Friday, October 15, 2010

Paris Knows How to Party

Paris Vogue hosted what looked like a rowdy sexy masked ball to celebrate their 90th anniversary.  It was part San Francisco's Exotic Erotic Ball mixed with Truman Capote's Black and White Ball and part Stanley Kubrick's Eyes Wide Shut, a film I enjoyed despite the bad reviews.

One expects no less with Carine Roitfeld throwing the party.

One of my most incredible fashion memories is having Carine, the newly appointed Editor-in-Chief of Vogue Paris, come into Ron Herman while I was working. She stopped in her tracks when she saw me and gave me the once over.  She said something in French to one of her fashionable minions and the equally chic sidekick asked me what I was wearing. As I told her, Carine nodded approvingly.  Swoon!!

Just for the record, it was a strikingly "Carine style" ensemble though I wasn't aware of it at the time. I wore a brown customized knee length cord skirt from the GAP, a faded "Lady Trucker" vintage T-shirt with customized neckline, and Ralph Lauren wooden heeled black suede platform wedges.






Exotic Erotic Ball:



Me and my sister at the Exotic Erotic Ball




Truman Capote's Black and White Ball:










 Party of the Century: The Fabulous Story of Truman Capote and His Black and White Ball 


Eyes Wide Shut:







Paris Vogue's Masked Ball:

































Carine:










































Follow Carine on Twitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment