Tuesday, April 27, 2010

UNIQUE LA

Last Sunday I went downtown to check out Unique LA, an independent design and gift show held on the top floor of the LA Mart.  I went to see my friend, Sarah Scott of Lady Chocolatier who was sampling and selling her amazingly delectable chocolates.

We walked around mostly fantasy shopping, though I did find a heck of a lot to purchase including a mother's day present for myself-an amazing reclaimed sterling silver cuff bracelet cast from bubble wrap by Myfriendroz.




Here's what I wore to Unique LA. The dress matched the purple wrist band they gave me, EXACTLY.  And feathers were everywhere, in jewelry, headbands or clothing so I must have been in the Unique LA vibe.

Thrifted purple chiffon dress over black cotton mini slip. Vintage silver orchid brooch worn on dress.  Liz Palacios leather and rhinestone Libra cuff designed by my friend, Katie Hill.  Prayer beads (around neck) also a gift from Katie. Jill Platner necklace and Tortolani fish pendant (long).  Two different earings.  Cuffed gladiators bought super cheap on Ebay.  Linen 80's Anne Klein jacket worn upside down.


Some of my loot from Unique LA, worn Monday:
 
Ethic tunic top from Pixie from Principessa.  Long vintage bead necklace with crystal pendant from Dara Ettinger.  Gap cardigan.  Batik scarf hand dyed in Mauritania from ASHA Clothing.  African mudcloth cuff.  Vintage wooden bangle. Giant shell ring from Ritual Adornments. Old Navy 70's style jeans.  Old Navy leather slides. Satya lotus necklace. Two different earrings: One feather from Kathmandu Boutique (1844 Lincoln Blvd, Santa Monica) and the other a gift from my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment