Friday, November 19, 2010

London Spring 2011 and Fashion East/Lulu Kennedy

I realize how behind I am on reviewing the spring shows.  I still haven't gotten to Paris.  The single mom thing has been taking up most of my time and I feel yucky because I haven't really exercised in 3 months!

London fashion week is known for pushing the limits.  Lulu Kennedy spearheads Fashion East a showcase representing new London talent.  She is known for wearing the most avant garde of English fashion in support of her featured designers. I also find her incredibly beautiful.  I love the juxtaposition of her natural hair and make-up with the "out there" clothing.  Brilliant!!


Major trends: Color blocking, 90's silhouettes, out there prints, sheer, asymmetrical, arts and crafts, fringe, long skirts, lace, florals, mix-n-match, menswear styles.

Lulu Kennedy:










Fashion East Designers:

Heikki Salonen:







Felicity Brown:






Simone Rocha:







Other London designers:

Acne:







Richard Nicoll:







Pringle of Scotland:








Sass & Bide:









Clements Ribeiro:



 





Basso & Brooke:










Christopher Kane:









Erdem:








Giles:







 Holly Fulton:











Jaeger London:






Jonathan Saunders:









Julian McDonald:








 Marios Schwab:








 Mary Katrantzou:









 Michael van der Ham:










Paul Smith:











Peter Pilotto:









Unique (Topshop):








All photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment