Friday, November 5, 2010

Fashion Inspiration Bouchra Jarrar

At times I wish for more simplicity in my life, to unclutter my closets and home and live the life of a Zen Buddhist monk.  But then again, who am I kidding! I am a serial collector of stuff.  Still, if I could cut back a bit I can't help but think that my life would be more manageable.

An inspiration to this kind of spare aesthetic is designer Bouchra Jarrar who showed her second Couture collection this season.  Her chic no frills clothes bring to mind shift dresses and cigarette pants from the 60's era of Catherine Deneuve and Jackie Kennedy. 

Past jobs include 10 years spent working with Nicolas Ghesquiere at Balenciaga, who's influence can be seen reflected in her designs.



Haute Couture Fall 2010:











Photos from style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment