Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Versace For H&M

With the recent Missoni madness at Target, I completely missed that Versace is doing a line with H&M debuting November 17th.  I have been thrifting a lot of early 90's Versace inspired pieces lately: mad colors, scarf prints and sexy slip dresses.

I was flipping through my Versace/Avedon book and getting exited by the bold prints, color blocking and the orgy style group shots.  Gianni Versace's collaborations with Richard Avedon go way back to the company's beginnings.  

I remember staring at one ad, in Vogue around 1980 featuring Beverly Johnson, Rosie Vela, Kelly LeBrock, Lisa Taylor and Kim Alexis arms entwined and around a group of gorgeous male models with Brooke Shield's eyebrows, all laughing.  The women wore shiny bikini tops, long open striped print jackets with matching pants; the men were shirtless.  I tried to identify what it was they had, because at 13 years old, I wanted it.

Versace Ads by Avedon:

No comments:

Post a Comment